ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,957Gear list
Like?
E-M5 EVF difficult in bright sunlight?
Apr 30, 2012

This quote from DPReview's E-M5 review worries me a bit:

"As with all electronic viewfinders, even at its brightest setting, it can't match the ambient light levels on a bright day (a problem that optical viewfinders don't suffer from), which makes stray light from around the edges of your eye much more distracting. The shallow eye-cup of the E-M5 makes this worse (Olympus tells us it's working on a deeper one) but glasses wearers are likely to find they have to cup one hand around the finder on bright days." http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusem5/5

Since I wear glasses, and since the main reason for needing an EVF is shooting in bright daylight, I am a little concerned. That said I am sure that the EM-5's EVF is still easier to use in bright sunlight than the low resolution LVF1 I currently use on my Panasonic GF1.

Can any glasses-wearing EM-5 shooters comment on using the EVF in bright sunlight? It would be a three-hour round trip for me to try one out in a store, and since that would be in Seattle during the month of May: The odds of having a bright sunny day for testing in the store parking lot would be pretty slim

Sean

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow