New D600 FX This Summer

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
HSway
Senior MemberPosts: 2,512
Like?
Re: Sensor will be the real deal breaker?
In reply to sjofi, Apr 30, 2012

No for dx work it doesn’t offer a good option even on the pixel density itself. Let’s not discuss the whole, better.

As for the fx, it’s reasonable to expect d3x sensor modification performance at least. And that is a very good performing sensor, still among the best overall fx sensor options today. 24mp is a nice number hitting my preference just at its ceiling – noted before my preference is (16)18-24. (Not that 36 fx is very bad for me either if the whole package looks as good as the d800).

Just that I wouldn’t positively expect a bad performance of that sensor. In screen mode a hair better than d7000 going by dxo figures in noise department and similar in others but the prints come out noticeably better overall thanks to more pixels. And that’s just some chart, I know from experience that the result of d3x are very nice.

Hynek

-disregard please that part about the fx. It shows how much I concentrate on fx. There were those rumours about a new 24mp sony sensor as pointed a line bellow (I am reminded, sorry) about which we know nothing but the fact that it is to be a new sensor which would alone suggest again it’s going to be better than the old sony sensor. Actually, in this light, it means some differences for Nikon if they decide for it against the d3x modification (of that old sensor) but who knows in what regards exactly.

My reflexive thought was about the given scenario not the rumoured one. - it’s safe to say a disappointment coming from sensor in the rumoured d600 is unlikely.

Hynek

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow