My issue with Nikon and the "D400"...

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Antony John
Contributing MemberPosts: 914Gear list
Like?
Re: My issue with Nikon and the "D400"...
In reply to coudet, Apr 30, 2012

coudet wrote:

The far reaching consequences of dpreviews misguided "pixel density" metric..

It's certainly not misguided at all. Seems some think that one can keep the same light sensitivity with decreasing pixel (photosite) size. This is contrary to physics in this Universe anyway.

The technological gains are not that rapid and will never reach the levels some expect without cooling sensors to 0°K and using super conductors.

Being able to plug the USB port of your camera into one's car cigar lighter is not going to power your car anytime in the near future.

The same constraints exist on a pixel count per unit area on an FX sensor as they do on a DX sensor.
Sad but true.

Nikon chose 16 MP for their top of the range FX camera as a compromise between FPS and low light ISO ability - otherwise they would have kept to 36 MP on both models.

I don't see the D800 impinging in any way on the D4 - different animals for different usage.

The D800 per unit area is marginally better than the 2 year old D7000 - that's the reality of progress.

Antony John's gear list:Antony John's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow