Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Scott
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064
Like?
I hope Canon fixes Auto-ISO with firmware
Apr 30, 2012

I don't know why the Auto-ISO in manual mode is automatically set to 400. I love this camera, but for me this is a big hindrance for Handheld Macro photography.

Using Manual is the only way to go when trying to balance DOF, ambient light and fill flash. I set the camera at f/8 and 1/60. This allows for moderate DOF with a shutter speed that will minimize ghosting with the fill flash, yet allow for the lowest possible ISO and max IQ.

Having Auto ISO that varied along the entire ISO range (or a range set in custom) would be ideal as the lighting conditions of the background, when shooting macro, can change with just a very small change in lens position or weather conditions.

As it is now, I'm constantly dialing in the ISO to achieve proper balanace of background and fill flash.

While I'm at it EC would be nice in Manual mode too... If the Auto-ISO worked that is.

I'm not a basher, I have been raving about this camera since day 1.... I just don't understand the reason for this limitation.

Mike

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow