American Bittern (2 images)

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim R
Forum ProPosts: 17,884
Like?
Thane
In reply to OlyChamp, Apr 30, 2012

OlyChamp wrote:

You make this sound like you had won the lottery with this capture. Great opportunity well taken.

I am not sure what it would be like to win the lottery but I would certainly like to try that at some time.

Getting to image the ABs was certainly a high point though. If you had ever tried to do that or even observe them you would understand as you can spot one, take you eye away for a fraction of a second and when you look back they have disappeared. Here is one the Left Coast of US they do not get tamed down as they do in such places as the boardwalks in FL.

I remember one time I had Marn with me on a refuge over by Union, OR and she spotted one as we wear traveling at a very slow speed (a few miles per hour). She brought it to my attention, we stopped and it could not be seen and it was like it just vanished into thin air. We were both a bit excited just to see it but we would have liked to image it too.
--

KimR

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow