Hope GH3 to be a real improvement over GH2.

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Condor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
Hope GH3 to be a real improvement over GH2.
Apr 30, 2012

I really hope that GH3 ends up objetivly been a real 2 years technologicall advance and improve over GH2 benchmark.

The things I really need to at least still equal or better are ( just based in our very especific family needs and preferences):

• "Multiple Aspect Ratios", since we just shoot 16:9. Making GH2 the by far best m43 16:9 and probably also 3:2 camera in the present.

• The by far best video ouput of any present m43 real hybrid camera , not taking into account even the improved hacked ouput and options.

• 160 real lower base ISO, hopefully lower.

• Real high ISOs denominations.

• The best m43 camera for obtaining more and best details of either macro or distant subjects and for the wide shots crops we used to so frequently do, not mentioning ours two fingers dig-in in our Ipads and Iphones..

• Grip as part of the original price of the camera. I don't want to be naively cheated by paying the half of best GH2 body's price for some additional weight and bulkiness separated unit.

• Built-in pop-up flash, but hopefully with a 45 degrees to the roof tiltable position.

• Hot shoe, for when I need my Oly 36R.

• Real and usable C-AF Tracking.

• The best output/price/features of their own version lenses, which so far work better with their own brand bodies, as the alternative brand does also.

• Sensor sizes (MAR). Don't want a smaller size sensor just to artificially produce better looking first sight images, and which would reduce Extra Zoom Conversion options.

About things to be added.

I like weather sealling, but not if eventual new weather sealled lenses would produce lower quality ouputs or be more expensive than present versions.

Ed

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow