Nex-7 Lens Resolution by LensRentals.com

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
mkln
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Re: What really surprised me, was the E-Mount 50mm/1.8 by Sony
In reply to eths, Apr 30, 2012

eths wrote:

I would have thought it would have tested better. Mine makes a very good impression on me, based on real-world, day to day photography.

I was surprised too!

But then I thought that the reason I think the 50 is so great is because it's sharp across the frame. so you basically can see no difference in sharpness between the center and the borders and that of course gives you the impression that it's maxing out the sensor.

overall I'm still impressed by the 50 because it has OSS. small, light, wide aperture, great bokeh, nice resolution, cheap AND with OSS! I don't think you can beat this.

the only 2 very minor things I don't like about the 50 are its color (black would be much better) and its focal length (55 or 60 would have been better. 50x1.5 is not a standard fl, and a little short for face portraits - and even though you can indeed crop, cropping implies you have less oof ability)

mkln's gear list:mkln's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow