Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,891Gear list
Like?
A month in New York with X-Pro 1
Apr 30, 2012

I just finished spending pretty much all of April in New York City, doing a ton of shooting. I got the X-Pro at 17th Street photo on Monday, the 2nd, so I had basically all month to shoot with it. On many days, it was all I took out. On other days, I'd take it along with an Olympus m43 camera and generally use the m43 for street work and the X-Pro for most everything else. But I also did a LOT of street shooting with the X-Pro, using zone focus and the 18mm lens. I prefer the Olympus's flip up screen and 12mm lens (with manual focus ring made for zone focus) for street shooting (I've never liked street shooting with the camera at my face), but the X-Pro is plenty capable in this regard. I got the 18 and 35mm, but I'm much more naturally a wide angle shooter so I spent the vast majority of the time with the 18 in place and mostly used the 35 in very low light settings. I think I posted a few low light shots here a few weeks ago, but here's a more rounded set. There's a HUGE full set of pics (I think around 450 - I have to do some editing) on my flickr site (found in my sig), on the off-chance anyone is interested in seeing the whole bunch. Lots of Olympus shots and a couple other cameras mixed in there as well.

And I'll end with one of the countless beautiful little parks that dot this city - this one in the West Village...

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow