Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PicturEd
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Which MacBook Pro for Lightroom 4
Apr 30, 2012

Can anyone tell me whether I really need the power of the 15" MBP instead of the 13" version for working with Adobe Lightroom 4?

At the moment I have a 3,5 year old 15" MBP with 4 GB RAM and the 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor coupled to an Eizo ColorEdge CG222W screen. When working in LR4 I see a significant delay in onscreen result when adjusting the several develop-module sliders. Sometimes it even shows the irritating skippy ball before updating the display.

I figure it is time for replacement and I'm looking at a new MBP with upgraded RAM to 8GB. Now I'm wondering if I will notice any practical difference when I choose the more compact 13" version with the dual core processors compared to the 15" version with it's quad core processor.

So... basically my question: is the 13" dual core MBP enough for comfortable working in Adobe Lightroom 4 in dual screen mode with my Eizo screen? Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow