Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,346
Like?
Trivial question
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Apr 30, 2012

What colour?

Ciao!

Louis_Dobson wrote:

I'm pleased to have finally got it though.

Hum is present and in my view quite loud. I'm amazed nobody picked this up in initial previews, it really is quite marked, unlike the famous "rattlesnake" which I barely ever noticed. It isn't loud enough to be picked up by anyone except the user though, so there is no problem, it is just a bit weird! Presumably I'll get used to it.

Yes, it is small and fiddly. As a left eyed shooter I can get to the dials, no problem, with or without glasses. The buttons on the other hand - they do indeed feel rather nasty and, worse, they are under my nose. Changing focus point means poking myself in the snout.

My take, the whole camera is compromised by the tiny size, and I would be happier to have a bigger one. The system gains, in my opinion, from compact lenses - no need to make the camera so small it is fiddly to use while looking through the VF, and this IS fiddly to use while looking through the VF. But of course cameras are made for many people, not just me, and most people will delighted by the compactness. Me, I'm off to fill in the form for the free grip, which I suspect will be living on the camera.

Of course, as the controsl get familiar to me, I reserve the right to changemy mind.

Anyway, it looks gorgeous, all the testing by others reveals it will do what I want, the dioptre adjustment covers my eyesight, so I'll finish charging the battery (it arrived half charged) and hopefully get some shooting done this evening.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

-- hide signature --

Viva la evoluciĆ³n!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
So..New
hmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow