Horrible EM-5 Amazon user review

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,387
Like?
Re: My thoughts
In reply to tgutgu, Apr 30, 2012

Panasonic took the control wheel off the front, where it was on the G1, and put it on the back, where it screws up left eyed shooters, on the GH2.

They also added a stupid touchscreen to be switched off.

I can't see they learned anything at all from G1 to GH2 - although I am familiar with the GH2 and haven't used the G1 for ages, so I may have forgotten something.

tgutgu wrote:

D200_4me wrote:

I'll just address the ergonomics, menu system and jpg color.

The ergonomics are not superb, but it's not that bad.

No it is not that bad, sure. But it is not so good that we should not let Olympus know that the next round, they have to improve a lot.

Panasonic for instance, listened a lot to the critics of the original G1 design and reworked the control layout to one of the most ergonomic camera bodies (not perfect still) on the market, the GH2.

The play button is not too easy to get to. The strap stud on the right is awkward. Overall though, it's not a disaster and it works just fine for me. You have to adjust to it, but unless you're anal and unforgiving, you'll learn to use it just fine.

I still have trouble figuring out the menu options. The abbreviations don't mean much to me and it's just not too easy to understand. I'm coming from a Nikon and Panasonic perspective. But again, like the ergonomics, you get used to it and there's no need to constantly dig around in the menus anyway. I take pictures, not live in the menus.

I used JPG before Adobe supported raw and I find the jpg color to be just fine. I like it.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Thomas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow