***WINNERS: Mini-Challenge #325 - Lifeboat***

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Iron Mike
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Re: ***WINNERS: Mini-Challenge #325 - Lifeboat***
In reply to greg1701, Apr 30, 2012

greg1701 wrote:

I try to come up with a little something different with my challenge topics but I rarely get past a 2nd page of entries... I think from now on my minis, if I'm fortunate enough to host then, will be more along the lines of "Daytime" or "Living Things" or "Images captured with a Camera"

Thanks for picking my photo as the winner of this MC Greg

I think a large part of the reason for the low participation is that the forum is just a little slow these days. When you pick a MC topic that's a little intense (three best pics ever!!!) participation goes even lower. The last MC I hosted was similar (Although I really enjoy these types of challenges because you get to know a little more about the other members of the forum). Perhaps these days its just best to keep it simple so as many people as possible will be encouraged to join in. "Images captured with a camera" sounds like a great topic for the next MC. (Kidding! Mostly...)

I really love this shot of Isabella. Back then it was so easy to get her to sit still for a picture.

These days when I try to take her photo, she makes a huge goofy grin, squints her eyes, and tilts her head back as far as she can. 90% of the pics I get end up looking like some variation of this (if not worse):

Anyways, congrats to the other winners, and thanks to everyone who participated and to Greg for hosting. I'll post a new MC tomorrow morning.

Mike

Iron Mike's gear list:Iron Mike's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow