9-18 mm (now$599) vs. 7-14 mm ($984)

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
zephyrus
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: 9-18 mm (now$599) vs. 7-14 mm ($984)
In reply to nevada5, Apr 30, 2012

Hey wait a minute! I'm the the original poster and no decision has been made! Some other guy is going with the 9-18mm

This lens will be used on my silver EM-5, whenever that shows up. So no auto CA correction. But I have used LR4 for that and it works pretty well. The lenses I have so far are: 14 mm, 20 mm, 45 mm, 14-45 mm, and 45-200 mm. I need something at the wide end. The 12 mm 2.0 is appealing but very pricey and not wide enough. I have an E-PL1 now with the kit 14-42 mm, but those will both go when I get the EM5. I never used the kit that much because I found I enjoyed the primes much more. I bought the 14-45 mm recently to pair with the EM-5. It is very nice compared with the olympus kit zoom.

Bottom line is I prefer the 7-14mm, but the 9-18mm looks more practical.

nevada5 wrote:

It appears this case is closed, as the OP has made a decision. I got here late, but I'm wondering why no one asked what camera the lens would be used on. If the OP has a Panny, the Panny lens will allow auto correction for CA. That helped me with my decision in purchasing the 7-14 lens. Would this not be important to others or am I missing something?

-- hide signature --

Larry
http://www.pbase.com/fernley

I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

zephyrus's gear list:zephyrus's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow