Forum ProPosts: 14,157Gear list
Like?
Re: U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
In reply to Bill Randall, Apr 30, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

It has been fairly slow on this forum so I thought some might find the following link interesting.

http://www.rrb.gov/opa/agency_overview.asp

Is there still a need for the government to be involved? Is the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board a dinosaur that needs to go extinct? Why shouldn't the railroad workers be covered under SS.

Generally speaking (and certainly in my case) SSI is not a full fledged retirement plan. The railroad workers ARE getting a full fledged retirment plan, and they pay MORE in payroll taxes then other workers.

So essentially, while your criticism is valid in some respects, it doesn't take into consideration the different aspects of workers covered by the railroad plan.

Dave

My criticism concerns having a separate government department for railroad workers. The SS department could not handle this? Are tax payers being railroaded? Pun intended.

I see you have graded my response as a -60 (time). I have received worse.

This last comment was and edit to the previous post of mine. However, it became a separate post. Appears DPR is having a problem.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow