Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
MLebout
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Re: Need Suggestions for Reproduction Lighting Equipment
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 30, 2012

Hugowolf wrote:

MLebout wrote:

I decided to break my piggy bank. I picked up Paul C. Buff's "The Genius" kit. Two E640's, Cyber Commander and two PLM64's, with diffusers.

The art work is flat, so will try shooting them without my polarizer and linears on the lights.

I have a digital gray card and black background. A rather large garage, with windows blacked out.

Someone mentioned directing the lights 45 degrees from center (to the outside edge). Should they be aimed at the outside edge or center of painting?

They should be feathered: the left light aimed at the right edge and the right light aimed at the left edge – using standard reflectors, not brollies.

I would aim for no more than a tenth of a stop difference when metering center compared to the edges. If you don’t have a meter, then if you are shooting tethered, which is the way to go, you can shoot the plain background and measure the evenness of the lighting with whatever software you are using.

Brian A

I will use my meter.

Thanks again,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow