Introduction Price of D700?

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
lmtfa
Contributing MemberPosts: 821Gear list
Like?
Re: Introduction Price of D700?
In reply to Mark den Hartog, Apr 30, 2012

Mark den Hartog wrote:

Just read here on DPreview that when the D700 was introduced it's price was 2999 dollars.

It sure was. Fortunately I bought the camera thru The Army/Air Force exchange and received a 10% discount bringing it down to $2699.00. A few months later the Canon 5DMKII came out at the price of $2699.00. Shortly afterwards, Nikon lowered the price to match the Canon, it was not due to currency adjustments.

I would like to have a D800(e) but am in no rush.(but want one now ;-))
The Nikon J1 was 600 Euro's for the first models now it's around 400.

Again, lowering the J1/V1 was in response to the Sony Nex 7 and another brand that I can't recall off hand. And don't forget Nikon had a sale on body+one lens (50) and body +two lenses (150).

So a D800 could be around 2000 euro's within a few months. (I doubt that as the D700 is still around 1800)

Don't count on it. Nikon knows they have a hot seller and the 5DMKIII doesn't have the impact on the D800 as the Canon 5DMKII hand.

It will be a long time before you see and significant price movement on the D800.

-- hide signature --

(i)lmtfa added to amino acid for molecular biological studies

lmtfa's gear list:lmtfa's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow