ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
v11f
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
G3 + 14-42 + 45-200 1st trip & pics
Apr 29, 2012

Hi all,

Have just arrived back from a week in Istanbul, having taken 400-odd photos.

The difference in useability compared to my FZ28 was striking:

• all photos in focus

• no hunting while focussing: speed more or less instantaneous

• maybe 1% "throwaways" vs 30% with the FZ28 (I was quite daunted, thinking that now I have a top-level camera, if the photos are duds, there are no excuses !)

• "200mm" of the 45-200 zoom seems pretty close to the long end of the FZ's range, with none of the lost photos I had before

• colour-rendering seems good

• stabilisation much better than the FZ28

• EVF much better (and BIGGER): helps with composition, getting horizons straight etc

• I can really enjoy taking photos !!!

I was using "A" 99% of the time. The times I did try the "special effects" night times (etc), it was mostly no better, or much worse ... So, for the moment, I'll stick to simple speed/aperture relations, to get good photos ...

The G3 seems to be a little marvel.

Amongst the tourists, there were lots with Canikons, but mostly Canons, and a lot with Tamron 18-270's, but that makes for a HUGE combo: real bulk ! When you see that, you really understand that µ4/3 is a lot smaller. I'm sure there would be situations where it'd be caught-out, but I didn't find any. It even took reasonable pics at 1 sec + in the underground water-reserve....

I do understand why there is a good following for µ4/3 !

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow