Buying advice: past models of SLRs better value?

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
beagle1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,623
Like?
Re: Buying advice: past models of SLRs better value?
In reply to adredwood, Apr 29, 2012

adredwood wrote:

Hello there

I'm about to enter the DSLR crowd for the first time and have a question. I'm considering several models at entry level (including a Nikon D3100 and a Canon 1100) but I was wondering if it would be worth going back a couple of years and buying an older model to take advantage of the drop in price. I don't need all the latest advances in technology, I just want a camera that takes good photos, especially in macro and low light. I was, for instance, looking at the Canon eos 40d as it seems to be a solid performer: any other suggestions?

My budget is up to about 500 pounds (UK), so $750. If anyone could help me with a few ideas I'd be most happy.

Thanks in advance,

Andy (:

sure, older models can be a "better value" but the newer models do have features that help such as focusing, resolution, video, etc. The 40D was a "classic" with the high FPS rate, buffer, etc. for sports shooting. Many prefer that over the more current Rebel models

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow