Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Santraginus
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Upgrade from S200exr to x-s1?
Apr 29, 2012

I am new to this forum and lurked quite a bit during the past couple of weeks.

Here is my problem, and I did not find enough information to enable me solving it by myself:

I have a finepix S200exr and I am quite happy with the photos that I can take with this camera. But since I am about to do a big trip to California, I am looking forward to shooting lots and lots of landscape... So I think that a bit more in terms of wide angle would come in handy.

Two weeks ago I ordered a HS30. Impressive zoom range, impressive wide angle, impressive ease of use and speed, compared to the s200exr.

But I found the HS30 lacking in image quality. Even when I used it in 8mp mode, under best light conditions, substantial tweaking of settings, image quality did not match the quality I am used to from the s200. After spending an entire weekend with both cameras, I decided that I won't be able to squeeze the level of IQ out of the HS30 that I am used to getting from my trusted s200.

The HS30: back it went to the shop.

But I am still uneasy. So, to all you experienced photographers: Would upgrading to a x-s1 make me happy in terms of wide angle, zoom range, ease of use and image quality? I am seriously thinking about buying one, but since the trip will start in 10 days, I won't have much time to really try that camera out and compare.

Will image quality surpass what I get from the s200? And if it 'only' equals it... is speed and especially the wide angle range worth it?

Looking forward to your words of wisdom.....

FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR (FinePix S205EXR) Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow