Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul_B Midlands UK
Regular MemberPosts: 356
Like?
Ripped of for my Ebay'ed K-5
Apr 29, 2012

Won an auction on Ebay recently, for a K-5 and 18-135. Seller was in USA Oaklahoma, I paid on paypal Saturday morning and he told me the shipping number (not the shipper) on the Monday. That was the last I heard of him. I smelt a rat at the start for some reason, anyway I send polite mails requesting shipper and other information to put me at ease. Each day a new message and no reply. Changed from courteous messages to somewhat more demanding and by end of the week informing I'd be reporting him to Ebay (by now damn sure I won't be getting K5). Discovered today he's no longer a member, so that really nails it for me. Ebay is investigating now, so I hope I am refunded to my paypal account. Whether he is somesort of scammer or just decided he didn't like the price and bailed I don't know. Really annoying, I needed the K-5 for end of this week for an event, so now - I'm snookered. Maybe have to buy a new one, and hope I get me money back from this bad deal.
Gutted.
--
Paul Bentley

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow