Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YeoHoon Bae
Regular MemberPosts: 299Gear list
Like?
Best backpack solution for m43
Apr 29, 2012

I currently use either Domke F-5XB or Think Tank Retrospective 5, depending on the amount of gear I need to carry.

This is what I typically carry:

• Domke F-5XB

• Oly E-PL3

• Oly 14-150

• Oly 45

• Oly 9-18

• Panny 20

• Raynox 250

• and a water bottle

The above is a very tight fit but it works. If I need to carry Panny 100-300, then I will take the Retrospective 5.

But in both cases, I have a problem. I like to carry the strap across my shoulder since that gives me more freedom to move sideways. I tend to walk on trails often so I really don't like to carry them on just one shoulder. But with this configuration, I find that there's too much strain on my left shoulder, even with the above setup which is relatively light.

So, I started looking into the backpack solution. But so far, I'm not able to find one.

Here's my requirements:

• Needs to be relatively small and LIGHT.

• Need to fit the above mentioned gears. If it can fit 100-300 as well, even better.

• Must be able to carry a water bottle on the side. We constantly drink water during hiking.

• Must be able to change lenses easily all the time. I end up swapping lenses every 10mins. I wish if I can find a lens that can combine the wide angle aspect of 9-18, flexibility of 14-150 and the smooth bokeh of Oly 45, but I realize that isn't possible.

• As you can see, I tend to carry lots of small lenses. Smaller, but more smaller compartments would be nice.

Am I asking for too much? Price is less of a concern since I expect to use this forever.

Your feedback would be much appreciated!

YeoHoon Bae's gear list:YeoHoon Bae's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow