Really want to start being serious-hold off two weeks to buy DSLR?

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pittguy53178
Contributing MemberPosts: 779
Like?
Really want to start being serious-hold off two weeks to buy DSLR?
Apr 29, 2012

I have been taking pictures for a number of years, and I really want to get into the hobby and maybe do some events for friends/family. I am about to spring for a DSLR, but there have been so many new annoucements the past 3 weeks I am a little hesitant. I was initially going to go D5100 based on DXO Mark, but then I compared pics on Flickr and liked the Canons better..then the A57 was announced..I had a chance to play with that at Best Buy and was really impressed, at least in terms of handling/feel/response times..

Now there is the D3200 coming out..and possibly the 650/T4I in two weeks. I am just not really sure what to do..I want something that can handle high ISO work as I do like low light so I want a system where I wouldn't be stuck with dead end lenses..The thing that concerns me about Sony is the fact SLT appears to be a dead end in terms of ever allowing more light into the camera and it appears ISO suffers...Nikon and Canon may be more future proof as they will not employ any technology that may hamper light entering the lens.. I also want "ok video"

Which cameras should I be looking at? Should I hold off? I would be willing to spend up to around $1200 total on a system..which may mean one camera with kit..a low light and a zoom lens. Any assistance is appreciated.

Nikon D3200 Nikon D5100 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow