Please give me some portrait feedback

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Suntan
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,116
Like?
Re: Please give me some portrait feedback
In reply to Christian Wagner, Apr 29, 2012

Christian Wagner wrote:

Nice tip. About to have our first child and was trying to figure out how to do this. I like your idea of a frame of reference. I might do that plus just a head shot through the years.

I would recommend picking a spot (this is the rocking chair that was used in the nursery for both of our kids) and locate the camera in the same spot month-to-month (doesn't have to be exact, I just put up the tripod in about the same spot) so that the images have a lot of similarity between them.

These aren't all cropped the same (they were quick cuts to email to grandparents) but for the printed ones that my wife put in their scrapbooks are all pretty uniform in exposure and cropping.

In the first image, the tiger was the lovey that we used for my older son. We added it to the first month shot for reference between the two.

In addition to this, we do full-on move the couch to the wall, set up the monolights studio shots every 6 months (the two kids' birthdays are about 6 months apart so we do both on their birthday.)

-Suntan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow