Tamron Customer Service Experience - Very Disapointing!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ftphoto
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron Customer Service Experience - Very Disapointing!
In reply to Rich C, Apr 29, 2012

Rich C wrote:

DOF is not dependent on lens manufacturer but it does depend on sensor size. You expect Tamron to maintain DOF tables for every focal length for every camera? Try this: http://www dot dofmaster dot com slash dofjs.html

Yes, I expect a competent manufacturer to be able to provide depth of field information for a fixed focal length lens that they manufacturer. If you haven't been around long enough to have experienced the "film age" then you might not appreciate it. I still have my "DOF Calculator" for my 4 x 5 large format.

I can understand the difficulty in computing DOF for a zoom given the vast number of variables, but those variables do not exist with a fixed focal length. If I give you the subject distance and the f stop for a fixed focal length lens then certainly a manufacturer should know the DOF. Even with the different aspect ratio's of various cameras (1.6x for Canon or 1.5x for Nikon) for less than a full frame sensor.

That iis the market today and I expect the manufacturer to be able to provide relevant informatioon given a set of specific factors.

ftphoto's gear list:ftphoto's gear list
Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow