Soft sandbagging...

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
Re: Soft sandbagging...
In reply to CG33, Apr 29, 2012

True on the missing title or border, but Mike had it covered. All entries qualify, and it's the voters prerogative to decide what is more important here; picture, creativity, fun, post process tastefully, etc. All I can say, is I see a large percent of the entries as above average, and my votes reflect that.

CG33 wrote:

No Barb_S, that is not the case. Participants approach challenges in different ways. We have seen challenges where most of the pictures are good and the participant understand the subject or follow the rules. Those pictures deserve good score. But there are also challenges with good pictures and participants with poor understanding of subject or the rules. The last ones do not deserve the same score. Ansel Adams could have submitted his best picture on Mike's challenge, and if he did not include the Title, does not deserve even 1.0. You have been the helping hand of similar challenges. In that case, do you think that the participants that did not care on reading the rules or were not even kind enough to submit a comment or explaining the reasons of their approach, deserve a good score? Of course not. Not even Mike will vote favorably on those pictures. I have known (based on previous comments) that Mike will not give even a 2.0 to an excellent picture because he thinks is over processed or he does not like it, then do not expect me to give more that 1.5 to "regular" pictures/participants that are not courteous enough to explain the work flow.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow