Oly E500/E510

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,647Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly E500/E510
In reply to Owen, Apr 28, 2012

Owen wrote:

Funny you mentioned the E1, I won one on Ebay Friday and it should get here early next week. Even comes with the battery grip and one of those long batteries.

That's good news, you may well find you'll look no further once you start using it. OK, it's only 5MP, but I've compared them to the E-510 images, and in the real world the differences are very minimal. A little up-scaling gets them very close indeed, and the dynamic range and colours of the E-1 go a long way in making up for its older specifications.

Question, can you still put two regular E1 batteries in the grip? Or do you have to have the special one?

No, you have to use the special battery, sadly. But they're still available on eBay. I used one of the really cheap ones last year, and it worked just fine. I did more recently manage to purchase an Energiser branded one at a reasonable price though, and that too is, as far as I can tell, as good as the OE one.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow