guys, the NEX-F3! and some toughts

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rooru S
Contributing MemberPosts: 688Gear list
Like?
Re: guys, the NEX-F3! and some toughts
In reply to blue_skies, Apr 28, 2012

Introduction of IBIS would be great. But built-in EVF without dials is kind of useless...You reeeeaaaallly want to operate the camera without having to put the camera away from your eye to change settings...I have mastered the use of scroll wheel on my NEX-5 but I do like more what the NEX-7 offers.

And that hot-shoe you have seen, it's not from Sony. Just to point that out. 3rd party manufacturer from China I think. But to differentiate the NEX-5 to NEX-7, yes, it will keep the smart accessory port for sure, but with built in flash as you said.

blue_skies wrote:

Rooru S wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-massive-new-nex-f3-pictures/

Thanks to SAR and the collaboration of the people making possible that kind of leaks.

I believe that the link was posted here first, and SAR copied it.

Now, it's not the most beautiful NEX series camera to date, but this camera follows what is more important...functionality and I'm glad Sony followed this path. Now...I'm not buying this myself. Since the 5 series need to step more further maybe we're near of a NEX5 with more control and built in EVF since they made the smallest model, bigger! Very exciting times are coming guys but still waiting for more lensesssssss

Flash like the 7 but body seems thicker, plus the battery being rotated - could this mean more space internal for the sensor? I am thinking either a better cooling solution for long video shoots or possible inclusion of IBIS.

Either one would make this design a step forward, and hinting of things to come.

Assuming that the F3 also accepts the EVF, the 5N does not make sense any longer (same sensor). I expect that it will get a Nex-7 like body but fatter, like the F3, with built in EVF, but no tri-navi controls. It will have the touch screen instead. Possibly with GPS and WiFi. I think that it will keep the same smart terminal now that a hotshoe adapter by Sony has been announced.

If IBIS is the reason for the fatter body, the LA-EA2 adapter will sell like hotcakes, it opens a path to all A mount and AF mount lenses. I can see everyone upgrading again.

Now, about those RF lenses . . .

-- hide signature --

Proud Sony NEX 5 user

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

-- hide signature --

Proud Sony NEX 5 user

Rooru S's gear list:Rooru S's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow