Anyone using their superzoom as main camera?

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cyril Catt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,732
Like?
Re: Completely agree..
In reply to Greynerd, Apr 28, 2012

Greynerd wrote:

The FZ150 just is not a super zoom any more. It is a bridge camera with a zoom that is matched by much smaller cameras such as my Olympus SZ30MR.

It is a bridge camera with a very limited zoom by modern standards. To call it a true superzoom you would have to go back 2 years. It has a market and is most probably a great camera to handle but it definitely no longer has the reach to pass muster in the super zoom club especially with the Nikon's 1 metre equivalent. If you included the Panasonic in the super zoom class now it would just get bullied and laughed at.

Quite right Greynerd. Technical progress is rapid. But whether you call them ‘superzooms’ or ‘bridge cameras’, they usually have EVFs, swivel LCDs, hot shoes, and more capabilities than the smaller, lighter, and more pocketable “travel zooms”.

And yes, my diminutive TX1, does get sniggered at. But it still satisfies my simple needs. Nor do I get tired of carrying it with me wherever I go, as I am sure I would with a bridge camera. Though bridge cameras can exceed its capabilities in many situations, it can take pictures where many bridge cameras cannot.
--
Cyril

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow