ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,392Gear list
Like?
I bought something else ;-)
Apr 28, 2012

Wayne from this forum already caught me over on the micro 4/3 forum. LOL

I'm NOT selling my V1, but I did buy the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and I sold off my D700 and all the lenses for it. No, the high ISO image quality is not the same as the D700, but it's pretty close and for me 'close enough' for my photography. Put the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens on the OM-D and WOW the images are sharp and beautiful.

Anyway, I was surprised to see that this larger sensor camera is essentially the same size as the V1. These examples are with the OM-D with the Oly 9-18 super wide angle zoom compared to the V1 with the 10-30 zoom. The Oly 9-18 is nearly the same size as the kit 14-42mm lens that came with the camera. The OM-D has the included flash attached and that can be removed. It has a standard hot-shoe for full size flash as well as a little smart connection just below/behind it for more specialized Olympus items I guess. The included flash isn't as powerful as the SB-N5, but I won't be using flash much anyway.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +4 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow