Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
modafoca
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
M43 lens talk- zoom and pancake
Apr 28, 2012

I know this has been covered here before but I figure with all of the OM-D enthusiasm that it'd be nice to discuss it again. For this thread let's consider these lenses for those that have or will have the OM-D. Seems that there at Oly and Pany lenses for similar prices. Besides the 45 f/1.8 that I plan to primarily use, I'd also like a zoom for fun and a pancake to have a wider option and to make the camera pocketable when necessary.

(1) The Pany 45-200 is only $199 on amazon. From what I can tell it's twice as heavy as the Oly 40-150 and AF is slower but it is a bit cheaper and gives more zoom. Thoughts?

(2) It seems the Pany 14 f/2.5 is the way to go over the Oly 17 f/2.8. If the price is equal or close to it, besides a difference in distance, is there anyone that has an argument to go for the Oly? I know the Pany 20 f/1.7 is the gold standard for pancakes but I don't know if I'm ready to make the investment considering the rest of the investments but you can sway me on that one too.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow