A few annoyances about 5D Mark III (help me find solutions?)

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rob
Rob
Regular MemberPosts: 108Gear list
Like?
A few annoyances about 5D Mark III (help me find solutions?)
Apr 28, 2012

I'm really enjoying the 5D Mark III, and it is now my main camera. As much as I love it, there are a few things I wish I could change, and I'm wondering if there are tricks to work around the annoyances.

The things that I wish could be better:

-I'd like an additional AF function, where a button can be mapped so that one press is One-Shot focus, while holding it down becomes AI SERVO. AI Focus is almost like that, except it relies on the camera's detection ability instead of letting the photographer make the call. I prefer the make the call myself, since the AI is a tad slow in reaction time.

-I can't seem to find a way to get the camera to always choose one memory card over the other. This is annoying because I have a higher capacity SD card and a lower capacity CF card, and I want the camera to always pick the SD card first and only use the CF card as a backup (Automatic Switching). But for some reason, the camera keeps choosing the CF card as first priority, and I'd have to always manually change it to the SD card.

-I hate that I can't customize what information's shown in the image playback on the LCD screen. Every time I want to see what the ISO setting is on an image, I'd have to change to another view mode, which shrinks the image to just a fraction of the display's size, while the information takes up most of the screen. I'd much rather be able to set which information I want shown, and whether I want them overlapped on the full image or force the image to be shrunken.

Any solution or workarounds to these minor annoyances?

-- hide signature --

Art, music, photography, writings, and blog:
http://www.ethereality.info

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow