Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dmartin92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,440Gear list
Like?
X100/HDR ... Zandvoort, The Netherlands
Apr 28, 2012

The fact that I have lost most of my interest in "regular" photos, and taken an interest in HDR photography (or rather, at least, "HDR tonal mapping"), that's another subject aside from this, more or less.

But I haven't come here to talk about that, what I wanted to say is that my X100 is working out great for me. I bought it last June, and have never had any "shutter" problems, nor anything else.

And just to be a schmuck, as a joke to see what I could do, I have never upgraded to any new firmware. I'm still running whatever firmware was in it last June when I bought it.

And guess what ? The thing is doing just great. It delivers in two ways:

1) the "HDR tonal mapped" images that I create with it please me a lot. Maybe they don't please others, but maybe others, but in any case ... the images please me. I am very happy with them, the images.

2) It doesn't weigh much, and is easy to carry when I am on vacation and wanting to relax. I adore the camera for that too.

Here is one of my favorite images, among many, from my trip to The Netherlands, this last week:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5897854100/photos/1916539/zandvoort

If you think you might like it based on that link there, be sure to check out the link to the original.

I'm thinking about getting a second X100. The camera does have a slightly checkered history (some would say), with that shutter aperture blade issue from last fall, and 1000 Euros seems like a small amount of money to risk to make sure I'll still, quite hopefully, have a functioning X100 for the next ten years.

Because I like the X100 that much.

dmartin92's gear list:dmartin92's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow