AF improvement from Rebels

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
WoNHUSA
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: AF improvement from Rebels
In reply to liya, Apr 28, 2012

I jumped from a Digital Rebel/300D to a 7D for many of the same reasons you are looking. The AF on the 7D is fantastic and very, very customizable. The camera lets me switch between AF modes quickly and easily, which I often do. I was originally interested in the 50D, which would have been an enormous improvement over my older Rebel, but I decided on the 7D for several reasons, including AF. I could not be happier with the 7D, however, you need to be sure you have some solid performers for lenses. I have the Sigma 17-50 f2.8 on my camera most of the time and it has been good partnership. One thing to be aware of is the size difference/increase of the 7D. It is a pretty good sized camera and can get a bit heavy when carrying for a full day. I prefer the larger size because of the size of my hands, but my wife does not like how big it is. Also, the 7D does not come with the preset modes like Sports/Portrait/Landscape on the mode dial. I do not miss these, but my wife would like to have them since it makes picking up the camera for a quick shot of the kids easier for her. At this point, I cannot think of a reason to move "up" from the 7D (except maybe the 5DIII), since the 7D has virtually everything I would want on a crop camera.

One other thing...be sure to look at the Canon Loyalty Program when purchasing your new camera. It is a great program and you can get great equipment at a great price directly from Canon.

WoNHUSA's gear list:WoNHUSA's gear list
Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow