Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kosmicpetros
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Sigma 8-16 confused
Apr 28, 2012

I've bought last month my first wide angle lense, a Sigma 8-16 for my D7000 from amazon.co.uk (not a reseller) and i asked for a replacement as i wasn't too satisfied from the first one and i was curious if my copy wasn't that good (I know and i agree that is first on me to learn how to master an ultra wide angle lens).

A week ago i received the second one and surprise-surprise it has another build than the first one. The new one hasn't that velour texture on it. Also you can see the white spot mount is on different place.
I have searched on the internet but haven't seen any "update" of the lens.
On the left is the "old" one and on the right is the "new" one.

Also, i have uploaded 4 quickly but full detailed photos with the "old" and the "new" lens for a quick comparison and i can't decide which i should keep.
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjz4WMKQ

I would appreciate any help, comment.
Thank you, Petros

kosmicpetros's gear list:kosmicpetros's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow