Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vinci71
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: St Petersburg to Moscow in August
In reply to matreshka, Apr 28, 2012

matreshka wrote:

Hi, Barbi

Professional shooting is prohibited in the Red Square but the definition of "professional shooting" is vague and normally it under policeman's descretion what it is. What I have seen is that police does not allow to use tripods to take pictures there.

Last winter, I was shooting in the territory of a church in Fili: the policeman told me that the museum was closed, so it was not possible to take professional pictures. I pointed out that I'm not a pro, but he said "it's ok with a P&S or a small camera, but your camera is professional" (it was a 50D with battery grip) so I think it's up to the people you meet

In Metro rules are even more stringent (normally you cannot take pictures there) but I would suggest that you consult with your guide.

AFAIR, it was forbidden in Petersburg, but it is allowed in Moscow. I took pictures in many stations, and nobody told me anything (Partizanskaja, Ploschad Revoljucij, Majakovksaja, Kropoktinskaja and many others)

Vinci71's gear list:Vinci71's gear list
Canon PowerShot A650 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 50D +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow