Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
GabeView
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Beginner Needing Camera Shopping Advice
Apr 28, 2012

I am a college student majoring in Digital Media Studies, and I'm at the point where it would be smart to invest in my own DSLR camera. This is the first time I will have purchased one, so I'm kind of lost in all of the different choices.

What I'll be doing with this camera is taking a variety of different pictures for my classes, and probably doing quite a bit of short video shots for my storytelling class.

I'm looking for a camera that I can learn quickly as a beginner, but that will also take me quite a ways into being a better photographer before I need to trade it in for a more professional one.

I've looked at a couple of cameras such as the Nikon D3100, Nikon D5100, and the Canon EOS Rebel T2i.

My price range is probably anywhere up to around $600-$700, with those in the higher range of that hopefully coming with the accessories I'll need.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Nikon D3100 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow