Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leah
Senior MemberPosts: 1,989Gear list
Like?
redo in process - pics too small
Apr 28, 2012

Under my pics there are two comparisons of the a77 vs. the a57 from imaging-resources raw files exported from LR4.1 with no changes except saving as .jpg 100%.

Imaging-Resources Raw files have the EXIF for the RAWS and they have the files labeled for the amount of Noise Reduction was set in the camera. Which I don't understand - I didn't think it was applied in the Raws...but they have three different Raws for the a77 files for each of the NR settings. The crops are at 100%.

I had to use the 'Normal' NR setting files b/c that's the only Raw file available for the a57. I did 800 ISO and 3200 ISO. To me --> I was surprised to see --> not much difference at all (=

I'll have to re-post the pics, they are too small to see anything....sigh

-- hide signature --
 Leah's gear list:Leah's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow