D7000 Sports Scene Mode - Just tried it...liked it...

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
studio5photo
Contributing MemberPosts: 748
Like?
D7000 Sports Scene Mode - Just tried it...liked it...
Apr 27, 2012

I was using my D7000 to take pictures of the local baseball and softball games and I decided to try the sports scene mode because I was getting frustrated with the camera picking up the nice chain link fence behind the players. I was hoping that Nikon would be "smart" and realize that in sports there may be fences and that you don't want to focus on them. I appear to be correct, because all my pictures turned out beautiful. Additonally, I took pictures of the players running to first and all of these were in focus. Normally, I get some in focus and some not. I literally got ever single picture in focus, all 198 of them. So, my question to everyone is: did Nikon really do as I hoped, and adjusted their focusing scenes that they used to only use ones related to sports? Normally i keep adjusting my camera based on whether it's sunny or cloudy; whether i am shooting into the sun or have the sun at my back etc, but I just left it on sports scene mode this time and I am really happy with it. I always thought of scene modes as inferior, perhaps I was wrong.

-- hide signature --

studio5photo

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow