Canon 270 EX II as bounce? T3i- good for master flash?

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DoctorPDA
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Canon 270 EX II as bounce? T3i- good for master flash?
Apr 27, 2012

Anyone here have experience with using Canon 270 EX II for bounce flash or for off camera use?

I was narrowing down between 270 ex II ($159) vs. 430 ex II (was $300, today down to $279). I want to be able to bounce off ceiling and maybe experiment with those umbrella things in the distant future.

From reading reviews, 270 ex II doesn't seem to have enough power for bounce: "You are going to need wider apertures and/or higher ISO settings if bouncing this flash from a ceiling. A more powerful flash quickly becomes desired in this and other situations." http://www.the-digital-picture.com/...on-270EX-II-Speedlite-Flash-Review.aspx . This site actually recommends the 580 EX II ($479), but that price is getting hefty.... Does anyone here have any experience with 270 EX II flash as bounce? It seems to have good power (Guide # 89') vs the 430 EX II (guide # 141'), vs the on board flash (Guide # 43')

Also, I was also thinking of getting the T3i over the T2i since it has ability to control flash wirelessly and in the future, I might be able to control a flash off board like in an umbrella..... Is the T3i master function good, or should I save the money and buy a 580EX II Speedlite Flash in the future and use that as a master??

Thanks,
Gus

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow