How to check for sharp images in the field?

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,720Gear list
Like?
Update from the OP
In reply to jbarber, Apr 27, 2012

Just got back from a zoo shoot. I'm happy to announce that my keeper rate has increased dramatically simply by using shutter priority, and also, and maybe, by not using the TC. Today's venture was entirely handheld, with IS "on". I could probably improve things even a bit more by using a monopod next time, too. I still feel a bit frustrated by the fact that I was happy I took so many shots of some subjects, though. In a few cases, only a few of a series ended up razor sharp. My goal, as it might be for all of us, is to get THE shot right with only 1 shot. I'm aware that this "shotgun" approach is one of digital's benefits. But, I still have lots to improve upon.

And to the last few posters here....yes, I did have the car engine running while shooting those deer, the other day. Ulusally had the lens resting in my cradeled left hand which, in turn, was resting on the car window. I would have thought that the hand would have zapped up the engine's vibration, but maybe not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow