The Girl with all the tattoos (D7000)

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
El Duende
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
Re: The Girl with all the tattoos (D7000)
In reply to TFergus, Apr 27, 2012

I'm tempted to follow this philosophical tangent but I won't since this is a photography site and I think it's better to focus on that here. My main point was to show off what the D7000 is capable of, I'm very pleased with how it performed, even if I need to tweak some of the post-processing a bit.

TFergus wrote:

El Duende wrote:

Isn't it funny that so many people are so sure that they know what's better for the girl than she does? And so protective of her "pretty looks" they are But looking at things in a positive way, if a photo (or set of photos) can evoke so much emotion then that is a good thing

I don't know if it's so much knowing what's better for the girl... as much as what's better for the way she looks to the world. She made her choices, and you posting those choices here and asking for critique, of course you're going to get comments from people that either like or dislike the photography.... or like or dislike the subject matter.

It's not that your photo was all that controversial or intriguing. It's that in general society, tattoos and body/face piercings have a stigma attached to them. Members of DPR, just like members of society, have feelings about it and a right to voice them.

Your subject line, your photo, your link and your intent.... were to put this "tattooed girl" in our faces. The response you got was a result of that, and no one stated a wrong opinion.

Opinions are just opinions. Some say she's "hot"... others say she's fat and destroyed her body. None of it matters because they were "her" choices.

Whether they make for a good photo.... is everyone else's choice.

-- hide signature --

paul v

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikon Blog: [ http://www.nikonblog.net ]
Photo Gallery: [ http://paulvachier.500px.com ]

El Duende's gear list:El Duende's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow