ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alec246
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Help me conving my dad to go NEX-7 instead of a non interchangeable camera
Apr 27, 2012

Hey guys.

The story is, my parents are traveling to the US in less than a month, and my dad has been crazy about the a certain non interchangeable camera, and I'm not, specially after reading dpreviews, digitalRev, etc about the obvious flaws that it has.

The second I saw the Sony NEX-7 with ti's 24MP sensor I went crazy, that's a camera I'd love to have, great video, great photos, beautiful, nice size. The problem is convincing my dad to think the same way.

He just doesn't want a interchangeable lens camera, he says it's too much stuff to carry, and he wants to take photos from landscape, and then something far away that requires the zoom, and with the fixed lens cameras he can do that just fine, but with the Sony he wouldn't. That's true, and I don't have much to say about that, other than he can buy nice lens for the Sony and have the best picture for each situation, instead of mediocre pictures in all situations.

The Sony NEX line of lens doesn't help either, what do I show him? The 50mm 1.8 sure looks fine, but that's not enough, we would need a shorter lens for taking photos on the street, and a nice Zoom but things in the distance. The shorter lens costs 999 from Carl Zeiss, almost the price of the camera itself, more expensive than the camera he wants itself so that's out of the question. And I don't think there is any good zoom lens for the NEX-7 yet, right? And even if there is, it makes the camera looks huge, which is something he doesn't like.

Any ideias guys?

Thanks

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow