Tamron Customer Service Experience - Very Disapointing!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ftphoto
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Tamron Customer Service Experience - Very Disapointing!
Apr 27, 2012

I just responded to a post regarding the 17 -50 mm 2.8 and the 28 -75 mm 2.8. I own them both along with three other Tamron lens including the 70 - 200 mm 2.8.

As I built a stable of lens I opted to take a chance on Tamron because of all the good reviews I had read regarding the 28 - 75 mm 2.8, 90 mm Macro and others and my need to be frugal. I recently contacted Tamron wanting to know if they could provide Depth of Field information on the 60 mm 2.0 Macro, which I don't own.

I was shocked at their Customer Service rep's response: "We don't know. You will just have to Google it." What, the manufacturer of a fixed focal length lens does not know the Depth of Field information for their product! I'm supposed to "Google it?" I called back to speak to the person in charge of their Customer Service and spoke to a gentleman named Paul. He pointed me to a Depth of Field page within their web site that allows you to enter different variables to determine the depth of field for their lens.

Why didn't their Customer Service Representative know that. It was burried about five links deep within their web site, but it is there. I wrote a letter to their VP of Marketing and President / CEO of Tamron USA relating my experience and disappointment. I have never received a responce.

If their Customer Service is so poor then how good is their 6 Year Warranty?

Do any of you have a different experience with Tamron Customer Service or their handling of a Warrant Issue? I seriously would like to know. My solution is to selectively begin to sell my Tamron lens and save up and buy Canon "L Series" to replace them.

ftphoto's gear list:ftphoto's gear list
Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow