Tamron 17-50 2.8 vs Tamron 28-75 2.8? Both Canon Fitting

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ftphoto
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 17-50 2.8 vs Tamron 28-75 2.8? Both Canon Fitting
In reply to Ladiesman317, Apr 27, 2012

I'm glad I found your post. I have both lens. One, I have not found the 28-75 mm to be as sharp as the reviews that I have read. I have found the 17-50 2.8 to be far better in that category.

I used the 28-75 mm to shoot an event at church and it was anything but sharp at 2.8 and did not show signs of getting sharper until f 5.6. I'm going to get rid of this lens and spend the money on a Canon L Series. It is a ton more money, but if you will read below I think you will better understand my misgivings on Tamron lens and I own 5 Tamron lens all purchased within the last six months to include the 70 - 200 mm 2.8.

My primary concern with Tamron is "Customer Service". I have called them a number of times with questions on specific lens and found them to be abrupt and frankly not helpful in the least. My latest call was to see if they had Depth of Field information on the 60 mm Macro. I own the 90 mm already. The Customer Service rep stated: "I don't know you will have to go Google it." Ok, now that is pretty bad. It turns out they have a Depth of Field web page within their main web site but it is burried about four deep. Regardless, I got my answer without the help of Tamron Customer Service.

Here is my main concern: "If Tamron's Customer Service is so poor then how good is their 6 Year Warranty?"

ftphoto's gear list:ftphoto's gear list
Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow