***Mini-Challenge #325 - LIfeboat

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
peierls
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
One from peierls
In reply to greg1701, Apr 27, 2012

There is only one photo I took which I thought of immediately upon hearing about the lifeboat challenge. A few years ago we went to Sequoia National Park in California with some of my friends. The weather was pretty chilly, with a chance of rain or snow, so there was a bit of a concern that the roads will be closed and we will not be able to get up the mountain without the chains (which we didn't have). In the end we were lucky, arriving at the park in the late afternoon. Just as we were wandering among the giant trees, thick fog suddenly descended like a blanket, muffling the sounds and making the whole experience even more eerie. The conversation gradually died out, and the only sound we could hear for a while was that of water drops falling from the dew-covered branches. I'm pretty certain that memories of the engulfing sense of tranquility of these moments will remain with me for the rest of my life, and I would really hate to lose the photo which reminds me of them.

I did not have a DSLR at this time, so this was taken with my old Fujifilm P&S.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow