Zion fall colors

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
iMac, therefore iAm
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,336
Like?
Re: Zion fall colors
In reply to BGM, Apr 27, 2012

I was there in mid-october a couple years ago and was probably a week or two early for peak color, but it was still very nice.

That said: Fall colors are a crap shoot. To do them properly you need to be able to go on a spur of the moment as the timing can vary from year to year, location to location. Case in point I did a single day road trip in the Aspen Colorado area this past October. We played it on a day-to-day basis and went on the day that we felt was best. We had three targets (one morning target, one late morning target and one afternoon target), all within 20 miles as the crow flies. The first target we were early, the second was peak, and the third was past peak.

BGM wrote:

I'm hoping to see Zion National Park this year and I am wondering about best time for fall colors. I can't seem to get much good info on web searches. Anyone here been to Zion in late Sept. early Oct.? I might even have my D800 by then.
Thanks
Bill

-- hide signature --

Some cool cats that can use your help
http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.org

Even if you can't donate, please help spread the word.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow