Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
david6101
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Local dealer to AVOID when trying to find D4
Apr 27, 2012

With all the threads about local dealers being a better place to find a D4, I thought I would mention that I got jerked around a little by Spartan Photo Center in Spartanburg, SC...after talking at length to Brandon there couple of days ago, was told they had a D4, were waiting on a guy that had promised to wire the money to them, and that if he didn't come through by noon the next day, they would sell it to me...no call from them the next day, so I assumed the other guy came through-this morning, I followed up with a phone call to them, and was told that, actually, they still had the camera, and could sell it to me...was transferred to "the guy who handles shipping", who told me that, yes, they had it, but that, "because of out of state credit card fraud" (his words) they wanted to deal on a wire transfer basis...I told him my credit card was Bank Of America , and that I would be happy to have their authorization dept call them and make any assurances that were necessary, etc...he said he would have to ask the owner, Mike, who was out to lunch. I agreed to wait, and, after not hearing back from them until after 2 PM, called back and asked to talk to Mike so we could proceed with the transaction. He curtly informed me that they were "out of stock at this time" on the D4, with no further discussion.

If he had just come out and said he didn't want to pay the credit card merchant fee on the D4, fine...I would have understood, although I sure wasn't going to pay the 4% fee my bank would have charged to get a cash advance on my credit card and make a wire transfer...but I guess I'm just a little frustrated that they strung me along like that...

Oh, well...probably shouldn't have gotten my hopes up...it's just that I have had one on order with both Adorama and B&H since Jan 9th, and have my name on two local dealer lists around here, as well, and nothing...

David Baker
http://www.nikond3news.com

Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow