T/S lenses

Started Apr 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
1943Mike
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: T/S lenses
In reply to Anders W, Apr 27, 2012
-- hide signature --

Well, I must thank many of you who have contributed their thoughts to this thread. I've learned about gadgets that would be helpful using DSLR lenses on µ43 cameras and am grateful for that information.

However, my main interest in µ43 systems is that it's a light weight, smaller system for my hiking/backpacking needs. I can get by without T/S lenses built for the system but they, or T/S adaptors or mechanisms that allow µ43 lenses to tilt and shift would be helpful to me. I currently own a Panasonic GF1 with the 14-45 and 7-14 lenses. I guess that I'd be more interested in shifting than tilting so I don't have to rotate the camera as much on the tripod for my panoramas. Just an idle thought that looks like it started a larger discussion than I'd thought it might. I'm thankful it did.

I currently do not own any of the Canon T/S lenses. As I mentioned earlier, the one T/S lens I owned (35mm) was for the FD mount Canon system. I didn't use it much then, it was sort of an expensive satisfying of my lens lust at the time. Since the digital age has allowed me to do so much more by way of panoramas using the excellent stitching software available in PSCS4 and PSCS6 Beta, I'm always looking for ways to improve my hobby.

Again, thanks for all the information. I'd certainly like to see some mechanism that would enable me to shift my current µ43 lenses (and others that I plan to get in the not-too-distant future) and/or some T/S lenses made for the µ43 system.

1943Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow