Txs God I didn't buy a NIKON!

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sam_Oslo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,505Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon P&S cameras don't deserve that logo.
In reply to WaltKnapp, Apr 27, 2012

WaltKnapp wrote:

Yep, I'd like the Nikon D800 to cost a penny, and throw in a bunch of long tele at a dime each. But that's unrealistic. And if it was so, that would be the end on camera models with only one model selling for each brand. You have choice with different price cameras that you would not have with all costing the same.

The price of DSLRs reflects the quality of the parts, the durability of the camera, the care in assembly, the range of photography the camera is capable of and so on. There are significant differences in the cost of building a P&S and a DSLR and what they can do.

I haven't asked for Penny and Dime - prices, is this your fantasy or misunderstanding?

These DSLRs are a bit better, but they are unrealistically expensive compared to P&S. These companies make more than enough money, but some tend to get greedy and want to squeeze more out of consumers by asking a lot more for offering a little more.

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow