Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
modafoca
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
pancake lens talk and more
Apr 27, 2012

Hi everyone- I am new to m43 and am fortunate to have the OM-D E-5 in my hands. I am very impressed. I've been searching for 15+ years for a camera like this so apparently technology has finally caught up to my desires.

I have the 14-45 kit lens which is ok but might be sold soon. I ordered the 45 f/1.8 lens and I believe this will be my primary use. If I sell the kit lens, I do realize that 45 is a bit long, especially in m43, and so I like the idea of having a pancake lens when I need to shoot wider and when I want the camera to be completely pocketable.

I have read the reviews and it's apparent that the Panasonic 20 1/7 is far superior to the Olympus 17 f/2.8.

(1) If I purchase the Panasonic, do I need any sort of adaptor to fit it on my OM-D EM-5 or is it just good to go?

(2) Are there are features that I'd be missing by not putting an Olympus lens on my camera?

(3) I've already read quite a few reviews but if anyone has any other strong feelings regarding these two lenses, please let me know!

(4) I will also probably go for the Olympus 40-150 for fun because it's inexpensive enough and will open up a nice zoom for me when I need it with decent light outside. Any strong feelings on this one? Is there anything else I should be looking for in bigger zooms for m43?

(5) Finally, are there any sites or info out there about new lenses that will be out soon for m43?

Thanks everyone!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow